A rhinoplasty for medical reasons includes opening the nasal passages to help breathing and the restructure of the nose following injury.
A cosmetic rhinoplasty may be requested for a number of reasons:
- reshaping the tip of the nose
- altering the length of the nose
- correcting a hump at the bridge of the nose
- changing the width of the nose
- changing width of the nostrils
There may be medical reasons for a rhinoplasty (due to injury or suffering from sinus or breathing problems) or cosmetic reasons.
If you’re experiencing breathing difficulties because your nasal passages are structurally blocked, or if your nose has been injured, a rhinoplasty may be recommended for medical reasons.
If you’re not happy with the size or shape of your nose, a cosmetic rhinoplasty may help to change its appearance to your satisfaction.
Symptoms can include:
- Breathing difficulties
- Injury to the nose
- Dissatisfaction with the size or shape of your nose