Awards and accreditations
Welcome to Benenden Hospital - an ultra modern private hospital, rated as Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission. Patients are at the heart of everything we do at Benenden Hospital, where we have created a caring environment full of kind and compassionate people to make you feel better sooner. Our team of experts have a passion for care which is reflected in our excellent track record and history of awards.
“Staff were proud of the organisation as a place of work”
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator of health and adult social care in England. The CQC which makes sure that health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate and high-quality care.
Benenden Hospital is very proud to have been rated as Outstanding in our latest CQC inspection, which took place in January 2017. View a copy of the current inspection report.
Investors in People / IIP
Benenden Hospital is dedicated to supporting staff development and wellbeing at work. The hospital achieved its first Investors in People Award in 1999, the Health and Wellbeing Award in 2015 and the Silver Award in 2017, which it continues to retain.
In addition to the Health and Wellbeing Award, the Hospital has been assessed against the IIP Standard’s leading indicators and was found to have moved from “established” to “advanced” in empowering and involving people. The hospital has maintained its advanced status for the themes of “leading and inspiring people” and “living the organisation’s values and behaviours”.
Benenden Hospital is the first and only independent hospital in the UK to be awarded the prestigious Anesthesia Clinical Services Accreditation (ACSA) from the Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCoA). To receive this accreditation anaesthetic departments are expected to demonstrate high standards in areas such as patient experience, patient safety and clinical leadership.
The endoscopy unit at Benenden has been awarded a Joint Advisory Group accreditation for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy by the Royal College of Physicians. This accreditation assures patients that our endoscopy unit meets a stringent set of standards relating to high quality patient care and demonstrating a safe, patient-centered and efficient service.
Recent awards and accreditations include:
- Finalist in PENNA Awards (Patient Experience Network National Awards) - 2019
- Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Award – 2018
- Finalist in Laing Buisson Awards in the Excellence in Training Category - 2018
- Investors in People Silver Award – 2017
- Building Better Health Award Winner 2018 - Winner of Patient Experience Class for Best Internal Environment New Build - Atrium
- Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Award - 2015
- Investors in People Silver Award – 2014
- Finalists in Kent, Surrey & Sussex Service Improvement and Innovation Awards 2015 for 'AHSN Enhancing Quality & Recovery Award Most improved provider (Independent Sector)'
- Finalists in Nursing Times Awards for 'Enhancing Patient Dignity - 2013'