Hydrocele, varicocele and epididymal cyst treatments

Hydrocele, varicocele and epididymal cysts and are all types of testicular lumps and swellings. Our expert Urology Consultants and hospital facilities will provide you with fast diagnosis and treatment.

Hydrocele vs varicocele: what's the difference?

Hydrocele, epididymal cysts and varicocele are all types of testicular lumps and swellings:

  • Hydrocele is a swelling caused by fluid around the testicle
  • Varicocele is a swelling caused by dilated or enlarged veins within the testicles
  • Epididymal cysts are lumps caused by a collection of fluid in the epididymis, which is a long-coiled tube behind the testicles

Lumps, swellings or changes to the testicles should always be checked out. You can book a hydrocele or varicocele treatment with one of our Consultants by completing our online booking form or by calling our Private Patient Team on 01580 363158.

I have a question about testicular lumps and swellings

What’s the treatment for hydrocele/epididymal cysts/varicocele?

Some may not require any treatment and may just disappear on their own (this can occur in babies, for example). If a lump causes pain or discomfort it may be possible to have it surgically removed.

What happens during treatment for hydrocele/epididymal cysts/varicocele?

Treatment for a testicular lump will depend on the underlying cause of the lump. Our Consultant Urologists will discuss your hydrocele or varicocele treatment plan, and whether a surgical or non-surgical option is right for you.

How much does treatment for hydrocele, varicocele and an epididymal cysts cost?

For details of the treatment, and how much hydrocele, varicocele and an epididymal cyst treatment costs, please complete our online quotation form or call our Private Patient Team on 01580 363158.

Our Consultant Urological Surgeons

Mr Garnett

Steve Garnett

Consultant Urological Surgeon

Mr Garnett's specialties include prostate disease, kidney surgery and the Urolift® System for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.

Mr Moore

James Moore

Consultant Urological Surgeon

Mr Moore's specialties include overactive bladder and cystitis.

Contact us about treatment for a testicular lump or swelling

It's easy to find out more about treatment by giving us a call or completing our enquiry form.