You can access physiotherapy at Benenden Hospital through your Benenden membership, the NHS, self-funding, or your private medical insurance.
Our team are highly skilled at assessing the underlying cause of joint, muscle and nerve pain. They also help with the rehabilitation of our inpatients that undergo hip or knee replacements and other minor orthopaedic procedures
The problems treated include:
- Back pain, neck pain and other musculoskeletal conditions
- Sports injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Orthopaedic post-op rehabilitation
- Rheumatic problems
- Respiratory problems such as bronchitis
Our physiotherapists use a wide variety of techniques, ranging from gentle mobilisations and strengthening to therapeutic pain-relieving techniques and firmer soft tissue techniques. They combine physical treatments with exercises and education, aimed at managing the condition and preventing recurrences.
The treatments offered include:
- Manual therapy
- Sports massage
- One-to-one pilates sessions
- Personal exercise and self-management programmes
- Breathing exercises and chest clearance technique