Endoscopy services are among the many services offered to self-pay patients at Benenden Hospital.
Today, many people self-pay for their treatment to help them get back on track to better health and wellbeing as quickly as possible.
Self-pay removes the need to wait in an NHS queue for treatment.
If you are thinking of funding your own treatment, ask us for a quotation by completing our online form or by calling our Private Patient Team on 01580 242521 our price promise will give you a guaranteed fixed cost, so there's no hidden surprises.
What types of endoscopy are available at Benenden Hospital?
Here are the different types of “oscopys” that can be carried out by our team to investigate your symptoms.
- Gastroscopy: used when your food pipe (oesophagus), stomach, or top part of the small intestine need to be looked at
- Colonoscopy: comes into play when your bowel needs to be looked at
- Hysteroscopy: is used to look inside the womb (uterus) if you’re experiencing problems such as irregular periods, or if you have more than one miscarriage
- Cystoscopy: used to diagnose problems such as urinary incontinence and if you have blood in your urine. These can be investigated through this ‘oscopy’ which looks at the inside of your bladder
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy: used when the Consultant needs to look inside the lower part of your bowel
- Wireless Capsule Endoscopy: involves swallowing a small capsule that has a camera and light in it, which sends pictures to a computer- space age!
How can I book my endoscopy procedure?
Did you know that you can have a private endoscopy procedure carried out here at the CQC rated “Outstanding” Benenden Hospital?
It’s easy to make an appointment; you can ask your Consultant or give our Private Patient Team a call on 01580 242521. Alternatively, take a look through the full Tests and Scans guide and see what we can do for you.
Published on 03 August 2020