Benenden Hospital Trust has a commitment and a duty to safeguard vulnerable adults within the organisation and a duty to ensure that there is adequate awareness in relation to safeguarding Children and Young people as stipulated in the Care Quality Commission’s Fundamental Standards and Regulation 13.
The Trust follows the safeguarding principles laid out in ‘The Care Act 2014'.
The Trust can confirm that:
1. Benenden Hospital Trust meets the statutory requirements with regard to the carrying out of Disclosure and Barring Service checks.
2. Safeguarding policies are robust and are reviewed every three years or more frequently if required to comply with any new national guidance or legislation.
3. All eligible staff have access to relevant Safeguarding training and completion of mandatory training is monitored through a system of appraisal. A training strategy is in place to ensure that staff have access to and receive training necessary to their role.
4. The Trust has a named Matron with clear role and responsibilities for Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults.
5. There is written information and guidance on Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults in each ward/department.
6. Benenden Hospital Trust actively engages with partner agencies and organisations and contributes to the Local Safeguarding Adult Forum.
7. The Director of Patient Services is the Executive lead for Safeguarding.
Claire Harley - Director of Patient Services