How do I refer patients for treatment?
Private patients (self-pay and those with Private Medical Insurance)
Our friendly and experienced Private Patient team can help you with any referral queries you may have. They can be contacted via:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Calling 01580 363158
- Post at Benenden Hospital, Goddard’s Green Road, Benenden, Cranbrook, Kent TN17 4AX.
Direct Access upper GI Endoscopy referrals
We accept Direct Access upper GI endoscopy referrals for low-risk private patients directly from health care professionals.
Benenden Health members
- A GP referral letter, including an indication of the NHS wait times, is required for all Members wishing to access services and treatment using their Benenden Health membership. A separate NHS referral is not required.
- Referrals for ophthalmic services require a GP referral letter plus an Optician's report.
- Benenden Health does not have a NHS.net email account but their servers are secure and encrypted. If your CCG and Practice protocol allows it, you can email your referral letter to firstname.lastname@example.org If not, the Member will be responsible for getting the referral letter to Member Services.
- They must also speak to Member Services on 0800 414 8100 as soon as possible after their GP appointment to obtain authorisation of any services they wish to access via their membership.
- Please use your local NHS referral arrangements.