Visit Benenden Hospital using the government's NHS e-Referral Service
Choosing Benenden Hospital
Your GP will have experience and knowledge of all the local service providers, but you may wish to decide on Benenden Hospital specifically.
The benefits of choosing Benenden Hospital
- Rapid access to our consultant lead services.
- Comfortable modern, private facilities, with TV and ensuite when applicable.
- We aim to deliver a personalised experience, which supports your needs every step of your journey.
- We select our staff against very strict criteria. Their training is first-class and their patient skills make their dealings with you empathetic, caring, courteous, considerate and respectful.
- All services delivered at Benenden Hospital are consultant-led ensuring a high degree of knowledge and experience. In most instances you will be treated by a consultant rather than a junior doctor. Each consultant has to meet stringent performance and knowledge levels to practice here.
- All the costs of your NHS treatment at Benenden Hospital are covered by the NHS. You only pay for extra personal items (e.g. telephone calls), just as you would in an NHS hospital.
- Our infection control is second-to-none - a task made easier because we do not handle emergency cases. We have a rigorous screening process in place and rigid procedures which strictly limit infections like MRSA and C Difficile. A copy of our MRSA screening policy for NHS patients can be found by clicking here.
- There is ample free car parking for you and your visitors.
- We are regulated by the Care Standards Act 2000 and receive regular visits from the Care Quality Commission.
Your GP will tell you if your needs are covered under the NHS e-Referral Service. For more information call us 01580 242 515 or visit the NHS Choices website
Making your first outpatient appointment
Your GP may be able to book your appointment for you straight away. They’ll let you choose a specific date and time. Then they’ll send the appointment booking to us electronically and give you a copy of the details.
If you’d like to time to think about making your appointment, your GP will give you a booking code so that you can book at a later stage. You can book at any time by calling The Appointments Line on 0345 6088888.
Once the appointment is booked, the GP will send through your referral information. And as soon as you’ve attended your appointment, your treatment will proceed from there.
If you’re unable to make your appointment, please give us as much notice as possible, so that we can offer your appointment slot to another patient.