It is a non-surgical, hormone free, minimally invasive treatment, performed in an Outpatient environment without the need for anaesthesia and with virtually no pain or side effects.
Menopausal women and those who have undergone some cancer treatments can suffer from lack of Oestrogen. This can cause dryness and thinning of the vaginal tissues known as vaginal atrophy, making intercourse uncomfortable or even painful. One of the first signs of an effect of reduced Oestrogen on the vagina is reduced lubrication during sexual activity.
If you are suffering from symptoms commonly associated with the menopause, such as vaginal dryness, burning and pain during sexual intercourse, there is now a clinically proven laser treatment that really works to provide long lasting relief.
MonaLisa Touch® is a clinical solution and not a cosmetic procedure and is the ideal treatment for women who are unsuitable for, non-responsive to, or who simply do not wish to engage with pharmaceutical intervention to alleviate these symptoms.
- MonaLisa Touch® treatment is performed as an Outpatient procedure by a Consultant Gynaecologist
- A unique vaginal probe is used to deliver laser energy to the vaginal wall tissue. The laser stimulates the production of collagen restoring the proper balance to the mucous membrane and alleviating the effects of vaginal atrophy
- 3 treatments of just 5-10 minutes each is required over 18 weeks, 6 weeks apart
- A subsequent annual treatment may be required
- No sedation or anaesthetic is usually required
MonaLisa Touch® is a clinical solution and not a cosmetic procedure. In general, all women who have vaginal disorders such as dryness, burning and itching can benefit from this treatment. However, all patients would require an appropriate clinical assessment by our specialists to rule out other causes for the presenting symptoms.
- Postmenopausal women who do not wish to take Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Women who tried HRT but did not find relief for vaginal dryness
- Women who cannot have HRT, for instance, women who have been treated for breast cancer
- Peri-menopausal women (women in their late forties) who have been troubled by vaginal dryness but do not want to take HRT
- Women who have had chemotherapy for cancer, pelvic radiation therapy for cancer and women who have had hormonal treatment following breast cancer
- Women who have tried other treatments with no success
There may be slight localised discomfort following the treatment that may last for the first few days after the session, however you would be expected to resume your normal routine after one to three days.
It is usually recommended that you have three to four days of rest before resuming regular sexual activity. Your Consultant will give you specific advice to help a speedy recovery.
Many women report relief from symptoms after the very first treatment and even greater improvement after treatments 2 and 3, one yearly treatment is recommended to maintain the benefit and provide longer term relief from symptoms.
Initial consultation: £205
Course of 3 treatments: £1,080
Additional annual treatment: £360
Mona Lisa Touch® is a private self-funded service and is not covered by Benenden Healthcare or available to NHS patients. Initial consultation with one of our gynaecologists is compulsory.
A GP referral is not required to access this treatment.
For further information or to book your initial consultation, contact our Private Patients Office on 01580 242 521. One of our advisers will discuss whether you are suitable for treatment, and arrange an appointment with our clinical specialist who will assess your condition and discuss treatment with you.
MonaLisa Touch® is a registered trademark of DEKA M.E.L.A. Sri – Calenazno – Italy.