We are currently recruiting for a Senior Theatre Practitioner who is able to plan and implement high standards of perioperative care, following hospital guidelines and protocols, promoting a patient-focused approach to care.
At Benenden Hospital we put patients at the heart of everything we do. We attract kind, compassionate, and talented people to our ultra-modern private hospital, which has been rated as Outstanding by the CQC. We hold JAG accreditation for Endoscopy and ACSA accreditation for anaesthetics.
Benenden Hospital offers excellent working conditions and facilities. We promote flexible working and a healthy work/life balance. We are committed to professional development and have excellent training and education facilities. We work hard to make sure that everyone at Benenden Hospital feels involved and shares our values and vision for the future.
About the role
- Where necessary plan and appropriately prepare and facilitate theatre lists.
- Accurately enter patient information on IT systems.
- Ensure patient care areas are safe, fit for purpose and effectively
- Maintain the safe custody of medications and controlled drugs.
Skills and experience required
- First level Registered Nurse/HCPC registered ODP.
- SFA qualification would be preferable but not essential.
- Post registration education in a relevant speciality, Degree in Healthcare, or 5+ years equivalent experience
- Expert Scrub nurse with post qualification scrub experience in a range of surgical specialties
- Excellent organisational planning and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills to build and support team working in a positive and challenging culture.
- Strong patient-centred approach
- Basic computer skills e.g., MS Outlook and web-based reporting systems.
- Foster a culture of professionalism and a positive working team environment.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and ethics in the workplace.
- Competitive salaries
- 27 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Defined contribution pension scheme with employer contribution up to 10%
- Membership to Benenden Health which offers a wide range of benefits, discounts and activities
- Excellent Life Assurance benefit
- Free parking
- Subsidised eye tests
- Free Flu vaccinations
- Subsidised on site Restaurant
“I love working at Benenden Hospital, it’s a beautiful location in the countryside”, “the whole organisation is supportive”, “it’s the team, the team are amazing”, “Benenden is a bit like a family”, “the whole atmosphere is brilliant”
These are just some of the reasons why more than 400 people work at Benenden Hospital which has a long history of caring since it was founded in 1907.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please complete our application form.
Then please send this application form, and your most up to date CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: 14th December
Please note this vacancy may close prior to the closing date without notice, If a sufficient number of applications are received
Claire Coupe – Resourcing Officer will then be in touch to discuss further.
Together, we work hard to maintain a safe, comfortable, patient-focused environment for the people in our care.
All our vacancies are therefore subject to either a Standard or an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as satisfactory reference checks. These procedures need to be completed before all new member of staff can join the hospital.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have implemented a Privacy Notice to inform you, as prospective employees of Benenden Hospital Trust, of the types of data we process about you. Please visit our Careers page to read our Privacy Notice