The IPC Nurse is responsible for the local infection prevention and Control program, including the identification of IPC risks to the hospital, patients and staff and the implementation and monitoring of actions to manage and reduce identified risks.
The post holder will:
• Demonstrate leadership in Key IPC responsibilities, providing assurance to the DIPC IPC processes are efficient and effective
• Key implementer of the Hospital IPC program, providing assurance to the DIPC that all milestones are being met
• Ensure departmental IPC risk assessments are in place reflecting controls that are reviewed on an annual basis
• Provide expert advice around IPC issues placing emphasis on the integration of IPC to organizational strategy and service development to achieve consistently high-quality care and
• Ensure that IPC policies are up to date and reviewed in accordance to guidance
• Demonstrate awareness of regulatory requirements taking appropriate action to ensure that these are fully adhered to.
Our multi-million pound redevelopment means we can offer first class services in an amazing, modern environment. With an Outstanding CQC rating and a Silver award in Investors in People, you can be confident you are joining an industry leading team. Our Hospital environment is COVID secure due to measures guided by the UK Government and implemented by IPC team and Staff.
The Infection Prevention Control (IPC) Nurse will be expected to:
- Ensure all staff have appropriate IPC training.
- Oversee surveillance program for – HCAI, reported symptom surveillance, Surgical site
- Ensure that there is a decontamination process for low, medium and high-risk medical devices,
with associated decontamination SLA in place
- Ensure that there is an appropriate process available for endoscopy equipment.
- Ensure there is appropriate engineer support to monitor the environment including ventilation of procedure rooms, water safety.
- Ensure environmental cleaning is sufficient and appropriate to the level of risk in each area in
partnership with housekeeping department
- Ensure management of food preparation is undertaken by trained competent staff in partnership with catering department
- Provide advice on the purchase/introduction and use of equipment in relation to IPC issues
- Support the local Waste Officer in all waste management but especially in the management
of the clinical waste stream
Skills and Experience
- Ability to provide leadership and development of all disciplines of staff
- Registered Nurse with IPC experience
- Ability to communicate with people of all ages and from different backgrounds
- Ability to work across all disciplines
- Ability to provide specialist knowledge to risk assessments and support appropriate controls
- Ability to manage difficult and complex situations
- Ability to provide/support staff in feedback of microbiological results
- Excellent IT skills, ie Datix, Microsoft Office and other applications relevant to the role.
- Methodical and well organized with a high level of attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication using tact, discretion and diplomacy
Closing date: 31st May 2022
If you require further information on this role please contact Jo Lydon on 01580 857428.
For a full role profile please click here
Working at Benenden Hospital
For details of the benefits and rewards of working at Benenden Hospital, please visit the ‘Why work for us section’ on the careers page of our website.
Together, we work hard to maintain a safe, comfortable, patient-focused environment for the people in our care.
All our vacancies are therefore subject to either a Standard or an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as satisfactory reference checks. These procedures need to be completed before a new member of staff can join the hospital.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please complete the Application Form found here
Then please send this application form, a recent CV, and your covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if a large number of applications are received this vacancy may close before the closing date without notice.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have implemented a Privacy Notice to inform you, as prospective employees of Benenden Hospital Trust, of the types of data we process about you. Please visit our Careers page to read our Privacy Notice.