Kent businesses get together
A group of organisations from around Kent have got together to share ideas and best practice and to give support to each other.
The Ideas Exchange was an idea which came from Jack Harland, the Assistant to the Hospital Director at Benenden Hospital. It was then developed working closely with Colorcon in Dartford, a world leader in the development, supply and support of formulated products for the pharmaceutical industry.
A first meeting took place at Benenden Hospital and a second is planned for July at Colorcon. The other organisations involved include the Kent Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance, South East Water, Fujifilm, Givaudan, Hand Picked Hotels, Howard Hunt, Premier Foods and Royal British Legion Industries.
Jack Harland said: “Recognising that all our staff benefit from exposure to other organisation’s methods and processes, often outside their own sector, the Ideas Exchange is a select group of Kent based companies who are pledged to share good practice and provide support for other members within the group.
Other organisations are welcome to join us if they would like to get in touch.”
Plans for the Ideas Exchange will include:
- Quarterly meetings, hosted by different members, with a focus on a particular area for discussion such as talent management, evaluating the impact of training or creating the right organisational culture
- Provision of mentoring opportunities for senior staff outside their organisation
- Offers of places on appropriate in house training courses run by other members
- Work shadowing opportunities within a variety of areas within the group
- Collaborative research projects on areas of common interest
- Creation of a pool of guest speakers from the group
- Sharing of good practice in a variety of areas