We have a superb opportunity for a patient-centered Staff Nurse to join our hospital as part of our inpatient team, working on the hospital wards. You’ll need to be able to foster a culture of professionalism and a positive working environment while demonstrating honesty, integrity, and ethics in the workplace.
* The salary for a Newly Qualified Staff Nurse will be £27,055 for the first 12 months.
At Benenden Hospital we put patients at the heart of everything we do. We attract kind, compassionate, and talented people to our ultra-modern private hospital, which has been rated as Outstanding by the CQC. We hold JAG accreditation for Endoscopy and ACSA accreditation for anaesthetics.
Benenden Hospital offers excellent working conditions and facilities. We promote flexible working and a healthy work/life balance. We are committed to professional development and have excellent training and education facilities. We work hard to make sure that everyone at Benenden Hospital feels involved and shares our values and vision for the future
About the role
At Benenden we’re proud of our Outstanding CQC status and we want you to be too. You’ll be a valued member of the team, where we will encourage and support you to develop new skills and knowledge in a range of clinical skills, within multiple specialisms through our on-site training.
- You will play an integral part in the planning and implementing of outstanding patient care whilst acting as the patient’s advocate and always maintaining their dignity. You will take responsibility for ensuring that the care areas are safe, fit for purpose and effectively managed
- Vital is the delivery of high standards of evidence-based care as is the maintenance of safe custody of all medications and controlled drugs
- You will assist with the post-operative care of patients where data should be accurately recorded on Compucare and Endobase and other written notes. Furthermore, you will contribute to budgetary management and ward audits within the ward and the compilation of supporting written documentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills will be required to supervise junior members of the team and to mentor them to achieve their workplace competencies.
Skills and experience required
- First level Registered Nurse
- Significant post registration experience
- ILS training or willingness to undertake training
- Basic Phlebotomy
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Solid computer skills e.g. MS Office Suite and web-based reporting systems
- Excellent organisational planning and problem-solving skills
- Exemplary patient-centred approach
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity and ethics at work
- Competitive salaries
- 27 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Defined contribution pension scheme with employer contribution up to 10%
- Membership to Benenden Health which offers a wide range of benefits, discounts and activities
- Excellent Life Assurance benefit
- Free parking
- Subsidised eye tests
- Free Flu vaccinations
- Subsidised on site Restaurant
“I love working at Benenden Hospital, it’s a beautiful location in the countryside”, “the whole organisation is supportive”, “it’s the team, the team are amazing”, “Benenden is a bit like a family”, “the whole atmosphere is brilliant”
These are just some of the reasons why more than 400 people work at Benenden Hospital which has a long history of caring since it was founded in 1907.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please complete our application form.
Then please send this application form, and your most up to date CV to email@example.com
Claire Coupe, Resourcing Officer, will then be in touch to discuss further.
Closing Date: 14th December
Together, we work hard to maintain a safe, comfortable, patient-focused environment for the people in our care.
All our vacancies are therefore subject to either a Standard or an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as satisfactory reference checks. These procedures need to be completed before all new member of staff can join the hospital.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have implemented a Privacy Notice to inform you, as prospective employees of Benenden Hospital Trust, of the types of data we process about you. Please read our Privacy Notice.