Our commitment to staff health and wellbeing
Health and Wellbeing is at the centre of everything we do at Benenden Hospital. We provide a framework to shape a culture that encourages individuals to develop and maintain healthy lifestyles, to feel motivated and supported and to meet their diverse health and wellbeing needs. We believe that by cultivating a healthy mind and body, this spreads positively into all areas of work and life.
This is underpinned with our silver accreditation of the Investors in People - Health and Wellbeing Award which we’ve held since 2015.
Our Learning and Experience Manager, Josephine Baker, talks about how her role has been designed to identify and deliver initiatives that champion and support our employees, putting them at the centre of everything we do.
Health and wellbeing benefits
As an employee you will have access to:
- Our Employee Assistance Programme, Vita Health, offers you 24/7 support for all your wellbeing needs. This includes emotional, financial, and legal support from trained advisers
- Our Mental Health First Aiders are available to support your emotional wellbeing
- Access to Occupational Health advisors
- Benenden Healthcare membership from your first day and, in addition to your health care needs, includes a range of discounts and benefits to its members
- Access to free onsite Physiotherapy sessions to help support your physical health
- An annual free flu vaccination
- A network of wellbeing champions who listen to your feedback and support the delivery of our wellbeing programme
- Access via Bnet (our staff intranet) to mental health and wellbeing information and resources on topics such as menopause, mindfulness and exercise
Staff wellbeing survey 2021
Between 12 March and 1 April 2021, 337 Benenden Hospital staff were invited to take part in a Health and Wellbeing survey. This survey focussed on measuring how well health and wellbeing is implemented, the tools and resources available and how engaged our employees are with health and wellbeing initiatives. Questions were also included to measure staff views on financial resilience, diversity, and inclusion.
Here are some of the results from the survey:
- 85% of our staff agree that they have someone at work they can confide in and trust
- 84% of our staff feel their manager genuinely cares about their wellbeing
- 84% of staff agree that they have access to tools to support wellbeing
- 80% of staff agree that the hospital demonstrates a commitment to wellbeing