Private medical insurance referrals
If you wish to refer a patient to us on a private basis, you can view the Treatment and Services available to ensure we can meet your patients needs.
Because we are a not-for-profit organisation, we can usually offer treatment at a lower cost than other private healthcare suppliers. For common surgical procedures, we can offer fixed prices with no extras, over the phone. For more complex procedures we will provide a comprehensive quote tailored to your patients' needs.
You can fax your referral to us on 0870 1918 656 or send it by post to:
Benenden Hospital Business Office
Goddard's Green Road
To make the referral process as smooth as possible, you might wish to give your patients the following information:
- Patients with private insurance policies should contact their insurance provider before attending the hospital to ensure their policy covers any consultations and potential treatments. If the answer is yes, the patient should request a claim form and a claim number or authorisation code.
- The patient then needs to provide the following before they arrive at the hospital:
- The name of their insurance company
- Their registration/policy number
- The level of cover they have
- A claim form
- A claim number or authorisation code
If you have any further queries, please call our GP hotline on 01580 242 521.