Our Hospital and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our patients. All our vacancies are therefore subject to either a Standard or an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as satisfactory reference checks. These procedures need to be completed before a new member of staff can join the hospital.
Working for the Benenden Bank gives you exceptional flexibility in your working hours, which for many is an ideal way to work. We can not guarantee you hours, but we are a busy and expanding hospital with a growing demand for our services. If we offer you work which is not convenient for you, there is little commitment on your part.
If you would like to know more about the Benenden Bank, please email Derrick Howard at email@example.com
Benenden Hospital Trust also offers clinical and non-clinical Bank positions.
The current roles available in our bank are -
Bank Sonographer - To see the full job description click here
Bank Radiographer - To see the full job description click here
Bank Caterer - To see the full description click here
Bank Imaging Receptionist - To see the full job description click here
Bank Medical Administrator - To see the full job description click here
Bank Receptionist - To see the full job description click here
Bank Housekeeping Assistant - To see the full job description click here
For more information on the roles, please click on them to access a link to the job description.
To apply please send an updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Nurse - Outpatients and Pre-assessment
Part Time 17.5 Hours per week
Salary to £30,185 pa pro rata
We are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic and flexible Registered Nurse to join our Outpatient team. The successful candidate will deliver a high standard of individual focused care to patients undergoing a variety of Outpatient consultations and procedures.
As a member of the nursing team, you will be required to have experience of medical, surgical or pre-operative assessment clinics, and possess the ambition to further develop your knowledge and skills across these diverse areas of nursing.
You may be required to act as the nurse in charge in the absence of the Sister or Senior Staff Nurses, so the successful applicant should be someone who enjoys such opportunities.
This position may also appeal to a newly qualified nurse looking to consolidate their experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to fully utilise your Staff Nurse experience as well as to learn more about the wide variety of Outpatient provision which would include but is not exhaustive of:
- Carrying out pre-operative assessment clinics for patients proceeding to surgery.
- Assisting with minor procedures
- Supporting exercise stress tests
- Undertaking skin patch testing
You will be joining an organisation that is highly patient focused and therefore you will need to evidence your excellent customer service skills. You will be a great team player who is highly motivated and enthusiastic. You will have excellent communication skills and will be committed to self-development and encouraging the development of others.
Outpatient and/or Pre-operative Assessment experience is advantageous, however the desire and motivation to learn all about this diverse area of nursing and the ability to perform at this level is what will be essential. A comprehensive orientation and induction programme will be provided.
Staff Nurse - Inpatients
Salary £23,000 to £28,500
It is an exciting time to join Benenden Hospital! Our multi-million pound redevelopment means we can offer first class services in an amazing, modern environment. With an Outstanding CQC rating, you can be confident you are joining an industry leading team.
Benenden Hospital is looking for an experienced Staff Nurse to join their team on the adults Inpatients Ward.
The Staff Nurse will be expected to provide high standards of clinical care including delivering health promotion and discharge advice for patients. They will undertake a wide range of work procedures using complex or sensitive information.
The role will require the post holder to plan and implement the care of patients from admission through to discharge by assessing and monitoring them prior and after surgery. Other duties will include:
•Positioning and moving patients
•Undertaking basic tests such as phlebotomy
•The ability to interpret results and raise awareness of abnormal results.
As well as technical skills relevant to the role the successful applicant must be able to evidence excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills.
In return for this, you will receive:
•A competitive salary
•27 days holiday, plus bank holidays, rising with service
•Defined contribution pension scheme
•Free Benenden Healthcare Membership
•A beautiful place to work
Plus many other benefits.
For further information, please see the full job description here.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this vacancy, please call Derrick Howard, Recruitment Officer on 01580 857368
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a letter detailing your reasons for applying for the role and evidencing your relevant experience to email@example.com.
Part time: 22.5 hours
Salary: £31,696.00 - £43,900.00 pro rata depending on experience
Benenden Hospital is looking for an experienced Ultra Sonographer with significant relevant experience to join their diagnostics team. This role reports into the Imaging lead
The Ultra Sonographer will be accountable for the safe day to day running of the Ultrasonography Service within the Hospital; planning and implementing high standards of care for patients whilst following hospital guidelines and protocols.
We are looking for someone who will promote a patient focussed approach to care; ensuring patient care areas are safe and fit for purpose. They will be required to undertake a range of work procedures using complex or sensitive information which will require the use of initiative and analysis and will act as the patients advocate, maintaining their dignity at all times.
The post holder will demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and will demonstrate a strong patient–centred approach in everything that they do. They will be methodical and logical in their approach particular paying attention to detail. The post holder will also be able to demonstrate their strong problem solving skills and emotional intelligence.
For further information on the role please contact Derrick Howard on 01580 857368.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a letter detailing your reasons for applying for the role and evidencing your relevant experience to KentCareers@benenden.org.uk
One year fixed term contract
Full Time position 37.50 hour per week
Salary: £22,128 - £28,746 plus car allowance
Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation that has just completed a huge multimillion pound development and been recognised for providing ‘outstanding’ care? Benenden Hospital are seeking to recruit a Liaison Officer.
The GP Liaison Officer will report into the Sales and Marketing Manager.
The GP Liaison Officer’s key responsibility will be to build effective relationships with key primary care partners and deliver sales events and activities in order to promote growth. The post will work closely with another liaison officer and the sales and marketing team. Together they will focus on growth in private healthcare services, whilst raising awareness of Benenden and its services by building external relationships and providing a point of contact for key stakeholders.
It is essential that the successful candidate has experience in promoting and selling healthcare services and will be able to demonstrate their ability to build professional relationships. The successful candidate will evidence excellent presentation skills which will enable them to represent the hospital at trade exhibitions and in various internal and external events. The successful candidate will evidence a history of delivering to targets and goals.
For further information regarding this role, please refer to the job description or for an informal discussion please contact Derrick Howard, Recruitment Officer on 01580 857368.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to evidencing your experience and skills to: Vacancies
Healthcare Support Worker - Ophthalmology
Full Time 37.5 Hours per week
Salary £16,000 pa to £19,000 pa
Set in the heart of the Kent countryside, our CQC Outstanding rated hospital has just completed it's multi million pound modernisation, making this an exciting time to join our team.
Benenden Hospital are looking for experienced Health Support Workers to join their Ophthalmology Unit
The Healthcare Support Worker will assist patients with their care requirements in the eye unit and will undertake a wide range of routine work procedures which may require the use of initiative. They will undertake delegated clinical which will include but is not exhaustive of:
- Setting up equipment
- Assisting with the transfer/positioning of patients
- Entering patient information onto the |IT system
- Attaching essential equipment under the guidance of senior colleagues
- Transferring patients to and from the procedure room
- Receiving and checking patients into the procedure room
- Assisting in the post-operative care of patients
Further information is detailed in the job description.
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent experience
- Relevant professional qualification i.e. NVQ Level II in Health and Social Care (or other relevant Health-related NVQ) or willingness to work towards
- Good IT skills
- Proven ability to undertake multiple tasks under pressure
At Benenden Hospital we take great pride in the quality of our staff. Together, we work hard to maintain a safe, comfortable, patient-focused environment for the people in our care.
To attract staff of the highest calibre, we offer excellent working conditions and facilities, promoting flexible working and a healthy home/work life balance. We are committed to professional development and have excellent training and education facilities in a safe and respectful environment. We work hard to make sure that everyone in Benenden feels involved and share our values and vision for the future.
Together, we work hard to maintain a safe, comfortable, patient-focused environment for the people in our care.
All our vacancies are therefore subject to either a Standard or an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as satisfactory reference checks. These procedures need to be completed before a new member of staff can join the hospital.
If you would like to know about this position, please call Derrick Howard, Recruitment Officer on 01580 857368.
To apply, email your CV and covering letter to KentCareers@benenden.org.uk
Closing date 9th July 2018
Radiographer - Permanent
Part Time - 28 hours per week
Salary £22,128.00-£37,355 pro rata, depending on experience.
Following Benenden Hospital's multi-million pound development programme, we are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly motivated Radiographer to implement high standards of radiography care for patients in our new imaging department.
As the successful candidate you will follow standard operating policies and procedures and undertake a wide range of examinations with Radiology including Theatre work, Fluoroscopy and General x-rays. There will be the opportunity to expand your skills in other modalities such as CT and MRI as and when the service requirements arise. The essential elements of the role include;
- Act as the patient’s advocate, maintaining their dignity at all times
- Perform high quality x-rays
- Ensure patient information data is correctly recorded in the appropriate IT systems
- Maintain and rotate stock levels of equipment and consumables
- Maintain professional development particularly through the national professional body
- Contribute to budgetary management by exercising care and economy in the ordering and use of equipment and consumables
- Supporting activities such as undertaking administrative duties to support the department when required
- Communicate with patients and their carers verbally and in writing as and when required
- Communicate with other staff members and stakeholders (i.e. consultants, departments company representatives), verbally and in writing as and when required, concerning sometimes complex information, such as patient history and clinical procedures
Skills and Experience
- BSc Radiography or Equivalent eg DCR(R)
- Member of an appropriate professional body with valid registration eg HCPC
- IT skills
- Good Communication skills
- Organised and methodical in approach
- Ability to progress multiple tasks simultaneously
About the individuals
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills, be able to demonstrate experience in the radiography field and demonstrate a willingness to support others. They will work well in a team, showing openness and mutual respect with a professional approach to work.
The department is currently open between 08:00 - 19:00, Monday - Saturday, with the requirement to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays as required, therefore you should be prepared to work flexibly within these times in order to meet the requirements of the department.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you.
Please contact Recruitment Officer Derrick Howard on 01580 857368 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position please send your CV and a letter detailing your reasons for applying for the role and evidencing your relevant experience to email@example.com
Closing date 12th July 2018
Rated as Outstanding by the CQC, Benenden Hospital is looking for a dynamic, established senior clinical leader for the exciting position of Theatre Manager. This role reports into the Matron for surgery.
Here at Benenden Hospital we are extremely proud of our brand new state of the art operating theatres which were part of the 54 million pound redevelopment that was officially opened in April 2018.
The Theatre Manager will be responsible for the management and activity of the Operating Theatres, the Theatre booking team and the Decontamination Service.
The key responsibilities are as listed below but are not exhaustive of the role:
• To provide clinical, professional and managerial leadership that provides direction and highly visible professional leadership for all staff within the teams
• To take a overall responsibility for the planning and delivery of safe patient centred care within Theatres, Theatre booking team and Decontamination Services , in line with key performance indicators, service efficiencies and improvements with the strategic objectives and business plan for the hospital
• Responsible for delivering excellent governance, ensuring all teams and services are legally compliant and adhering to all regulatory Care Quality Commission (CQC) requirements and clinical standards
• To provide specialist theatre knowledge and support to Matron and Director of Patient Services
• To be responsible for the day-to-day management of Theatres, liaising and working closely with the Ward/Service Manager to ensure efficient and effective plans and working practices
• To ensure service provision is delivered within agreed budgets, delivering continuous resource management, cost improvement and theatre utilisation results
• To ensure a high standard of evidence-based, high quality, cost effective care is consistently delivered that puts the patient first at all times
• To act as a visible role model and patient advocate, ensuring a positive patient experience for all
• To maintain own clinical competency
• To support education of all staff within the Operating Theatre Department, Theatre booking team and the Decontamination service
The successful candidate will be able to evidence significant experience within a Theatre environment and will be able to demonstrate their ability to lead and develop a team. Customer service and excellent communication skills are a requisite of the role.
For further information on this role please contact Zoe Andrews, Matron for Surgery on 01580 857461 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to evidencing your experience and skills to: email@example.com