We are currently offering three clinical rotation, preceptorships to newly qualified registered Staff Nurses. A preceptorship is a structured start for newly qualified practitioners. The preceptorship offers you an initial 18 month clinical rotation which gives you the opportunity to work 6 months at a time across 3 of our departments of your choice Wards, Eye Unit, Outpatients, Theatres (Wards is essential) following this, is a permanent opportunity in your preferred department. This is a fantastic introduction into the hospital and your new chosen career.
We are seeking registered nurses that are able to plan and implement high standards of care, following hospital guidelines and protocols and promote a patient-centred approach to personalised care.
At Benenden Hospital we put patients at the heart of everything we do. We attract kind, compassionate, and talented people to our ultra-modern private hospital, which has been rated as Outstanding by the CQC. We hold JAG accreditation for Endoscopy and ACSA accreditation for anaesthetics.
Benenden Hospital offers excellent working conditions and facilities. We promote flexible working and a healthy work/life balance. We are committed to professional development and have excellent training and education facilities. We work hard to make sure that everyone at Benenden Hospital feels involved and shares our values and vision for the future.
About the role
- Provide outstanding nursing interventions and care to all patients accessing the services.
- Accurately enter patient information on IT systems and in all areas of nursing documentation.
- Ensure patient care areas are safe, fit for purpose and effectively
- Maintain the safe custody of medications and controlled drugs.
- Supervise junior members of the team, including providing clinical supervision/act as a mentor.
- Undertake a clinical rotation which include a minimum of one rotation being within the Wards, and two of the other clinical areas/departments (i.e., Outpatients, Eye Unit, Ambulatory Care or Theatres). Working patterns will include days, evenings, weekends, and night shifts and may include Bank Holidays as required by the service(s).
- Undertake a clinical Preceptorship Programme, including completing any associated training, skills acquisition and competency assessment as required as part of the programme.
Skills and experience required
- First level Registered Nurse.
- Newly or recently qualified.
- ILS training or willingness to undertake training.
- Basic phlebotomy and ECG monitoring – willingness to undertake training.
- Good organisational planning and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills, with ability to be a supportive team player, working in a positive and challenging culture
- Strong patient-centred approach.
- Sound computer skills e.g., MS Office Suite and web-based reporting systems.
- Foster a culture of professionalism and a positive working team environment.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and ethics in the workplace.
- Flexible approach, with keenness and aptitude to experience and learn across a wide range of nursing environments.
- Competitive salaries
- 27 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Defined contribution pension scheme with employer contribution up to 10%
- Membership to Benenden Health which offers a wide range of benefits, discounts and activities
- Excellent Life Assurance benefit
- Free parking
- Subsidised eye tests
- Free Flu vaccinations
- Employee Referral scheme
- Subsidised on site Restaurant
“I love working at Benenden Hospital, it’s a beautiful location in the countryside”, “the whole organisation is supportive”, “it’s the team, the team are amazing”, “Benenden is a bit like a family”, “the whole atmosphere is brilliant”
These are just some of the reasons why more than 400 people work at Benenden Hospital which has a long history of caring since it was founded in 1907.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please complete our application form.
Then please send this application form, and your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this vacancy may close prior to the closing date without notice, If a sufficient number of applications are received
Claire Coupe – Resourcing Officer will then be in touch to discuss further.
Together, we work hard to maintain a safe, comfortable, patient-focused environment for the people in our care.
All our vacancies are therefore subject to either a Standard or an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as satisfactory reference checks. These procedures need to be completed before all new member of staff can join the hospital.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have implemented a Privacy Notice to inform you, as prospective employees of Benenden Hospital Trust, of the types of data we process about you. Please visit our Careers page to read our Privacy Notice