Following Benenden Hospital’s multi-million pound development programme, we are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly motivated Radiographer to implement high standards of radiography care for patients in our new imaging department.
As the successful candidate you will follow standard operating policies and procedures and undertake a wide range of examinations within Radiology including Theatre work, Fluoroscopy and General x-rays. There will be the opportunity to expand you skills in other modalities such as CT and MRI as and when the service requirements arise. The essential elements of the role include;
- Act as the patient’s advocate, maintaining their dignity at all times
- Perform high quality X-rays
- Experience in CT or MRI desirable.
- Ensure patient information data is correctly recorded in the appropriate IT systems
- Maintain and rotate stock levels of equipment and consumables
- Maintain professional development particularly through the national professional body
- Contribute to budgetary management by exercising care and economy in the ordering and use of equipment and consumables
- Supporting activities such as undertaking administrative duties to support the department when required
- Communicate with patients and their carers verbally and in writing as and when required
Communicate with other staff members and stakeholders (i.e. consultants, departments company representatives), verbally and in writing as and when required, concerning sometimes complex information, such as patient history and clinical procedures
Skills and Experience
- BSc Radiography or Equivalent e.g. DCR(R)
- Member of an appropriate professional body with valid registration e.g. HCPC
- IT skills
- Good Communication skills
- Organised and methodical in approach
- Ability to progress multiple tasks simultaneously
About the individual
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal and communication skills, be able to demonstrate experience in the radiography field and demonstrate a willingness to support others. They will work well in a team, showing openness and mutual respect with a professional approach to work.
The department is currently open between 08:00 – 19:00, Monday – Saturday, with the requirement to work evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays as required, therefore you should be prepared to work flexibly within these times in order to meet the requirements of the department.
For a full Job profile, please click here
If you require further information on this role please contact Debbie Woodward on 01580 857472.
Working at Benenden Hospital
For details of the benefits and rewards of working at Benenden Hospital, please visit the ‘Why work for us section’ on the careers page of our website.
Together, we work hard to maintain a safe, comfortable, patient-focused environment for the people in our care.
All our vacancies are therefore subject to either a Standard or an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as satisfactory reference checks. These procedures need to be completed before a new member of staff can join the hospital.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please complete the Application Form found here
Then please send this application form, a recent CV, and your covering letter to email@example.com.
Please note that if a large number of applications are received this vacancy may close before the closing date without notice.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have implemented a Privacy Notice to inform you, as prospective employees of Benenden Hospital Trust, of the types of data we process about you. Please visit our Careers page to read our Privacy Notice.