Benenden Hospital require a Theatre Practitioner to work in our modern and well-equipped theatres. As a private hospital, set in the heart of the Weald of Kent, you would be joining a hospital rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC. this is a fantastic opportunity to join our outstanding team,
The Theatre Practitioner will plan and Implement high standards of perioperative care for patients promoting a patient –focussed approach to care. You will also be responsible for planning, preparing and facilitating theatre lists, and ensuring patient areas are safe.
To be considered for this position, it is essential that you have the following skills:
- First level Registered Nurse/ HCPC registered ODP
- Post registration education in a relevant speciality, degree in Operating Department Practice
- Scrub Nurse with post qualification scrub experience in a range of surgical specialities. Experience orthopaedic scrub is essential
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills to build and support team
- Strong patient centred approach
It would also be an advantage to have the following attributes and qualifications:
- Basic computer skills e.g. MS Outlook, Excel, Word and web based reporting systems
- Excellent organisational planning and problem solving skills
- Proven experience in providing support and mentorship to more junior roles
For details of the benefits and rewards of working at Benenden Hospital, please visit the ‘Why work for us section’ on the careers page of our website.
If you require further information on this role please contact Derrick Howard on 01580 857368
Together, we work hard to maintain a safe, comfortable, patient-focused environment for the people in our care.
All our vacancies are therefore subject to either a Standard or an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as satisfactory reference checks. These procedures need to be completed before a new member of staff can join the hospital.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please complete the Application Form found here
Then please send this application form, your up to date CV and your covering letter to email@example.com.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have implemented a Privacy Notice to inform you, as prospective employees of Benenden Hospital Trust, of the types of data we process about you. Please visit our Careers page to read our Privacy Notice.