It is an exciting time to join Benenden Hospital! Our multi-million pound redevelopment means we can offer first class services in an amazing, modern environment. With an Outstanding CQC rating and a Silver award in Investors in People, you can be confident you are joining an industry leading team.
Benenden Hospital is looking for an experienced Staff Nurse to join their team on the inpatients ward.
The Staff Nurse will be expected to provide high standards of clinical care including delivering health promotion and discharge advice for patients. They will undertake a wide range of work procedures using complex or sensitive information.
The role will require the post holder to plan and implement the care of patients from admission through to discharge by assessing and monitoring them prior and after surgery. Other duties will include but is not extensive of
- Providing outstanding nursing interventions and care to all patients accessing the service
- Accurately enter patient information on IT systems
- Ensure patient care areas are safe, fit for purpose and effectively maintained
- Maintain the safe custody of medications and controlled drugs
- Supervise the junior members of the team, including mentorship
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- First level Registered Nurse
- Significant post registration experience in relevant speciality
- ILS training or willingness to undertake training
- Basic phlebotomy and ECG monitoring experience
- Excellent organisational planning and problem solving skills
- Strong patient centred approach
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity and ethics in the workplace
In addition to working in a beautiful new hospital, that has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC, you will be able to receive the rewards and benefits as listed in the ‘Why work for us’ section of the careers page.
For further information of this role please contact Derrick Howard on 01580 857368 or click here for the full Job Profile.
Together, we work hard to maintain a safe, comfortable, patient-focused environment for the people in our care.
All our vacancies are therefore subject to either a Standard or an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as satisfactory reference checks. These procedures need to be completed before a new member of staff can join the hospital.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date 31st March 2020.
Please note that if a large number of applications are received this vacancy may close before the closing date without notice.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have implemented a Privacy Notice to inform you, as prospective employees of Benenden Hospital Trust, of the types of data we process about you. Please visit our Careers page to read our Privacy Notice.