Patient Appointments Advisor (NHS Pathway)
Full Time 37.5 Hours
Nine Months Fixed Term Contract
It is an exciting time to join Benenden Hospital! Our multi-million pound redevelopment means we can offer first class services in an amazing, modern environment. With an Outstanding CQC rating and a Silver award in Investors in People, you can be confident you are joining an industry leading team.
The Patient Appointments Advisor (NHS Pathway) role improves operational effectiveness of the patients NHS pathway, ensuring exceptional customer service.
Among the main responsibilities of the role are the following:
- Demonstrate high standards of customer service including the management of all referral types and booking of appointments for patients coming via the NHS
- Have good understanding of the NHS Referral to Treatment criteria
- Adhering to set key performance indicators and escalating concerns when necessary
- Demonstrate expertise and knowledge of responsible areas and evidence good understanding of all other administration areas
- Supports the strategic direction and service delivery of the function
To apply for this exciting position, you need to have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a customer centred environment, with a strong telephone background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ensuring tact and diplomacy across all staff levels
- A positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Demonstrating honesty, integrity and ethics in the workplace
In return for this, Benenden Hospital offers it’s team the following rewards and benefits:
- Competitive salary, including an element of performance related pay
- 27 days annual leave entitlement plus Bank Holidays, rising with service
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Excellent Life Assurance benefit
- Free Membership of Benenden Health for Permanent Staff
- Free parking
- Subsidised eye tests
- Enhanced Maternity pay
- Free Flu vaccinations
- Free tea and coffee
- Subsidised on site Restaurant
- Cycle to work scheme
- Active social club
For further information of this role please contact Derrick Howard on 01580 857368
Together, we work hard to maintain a safe, comfortable, patient-focused environment for the people in our care.
All our vacancies are therefore subject to either a Standard or an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as satisfactory reference checks. These procedures need to be completed before a new member of staff can join the hospital.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date 16th July
Please note that if a large number of applications are received this vacancy may close before the closing date without notice.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have implemented a Privacy Notice to inform you, as prospective employees of Benenden Hospital Trust, of the types of data we process about you. Please visit our Careers page to read our Privacy Notice.