Healthcare Support Worker - Ophthalmology
Part Time 30 Hours per week
Set in the heart of the Kent countryside, our CQC Outstanding rated hospital has just completed it's multi million pound modernisation, making this an exciting time to join our team.
Benenden Hospital are looking for experienced Health Support Workers to join their Ophthalmology Unit
The Healthcare Support Worker will assist patients with their care requirements in the eye unit and will undertake a wide range of routine work procedures which may require the use of initiative. They will undertake delegated clinical which will include but is not exhaustive of:
- Setting up equipment
- Assisting with the transfer/positioning of patients
- Entering patient information onto the |IT system
- Attaching essential equipment under the guidance of senior colleagues
- Transferring patients to and from the procedure room
- Receiving and checking patients into the procedure room
- Assisting in the post-operative care of patients
Further information is detailed in the job description.
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent experience
- Relevant professional qualification i.e. NVQ Level II in Health and Social Care (or other relevant Health-related NVQ) or willingness to work towards
- Good IT skills
- Proven ability to undertake multiple tasks under pressure
At Benenden Hospital we take great pride in the quality of our staff. Together, we work hard to maintain a safe, comfortable, patient-focused environment for the people in our care.
To attract staff of the highest calibre, we offer excellent working conditions and facilities, promoting flexible working and a healthy home/work life balance. We are committed to professional development and have excellent training and education facilities in a safe and respectful environment. We work hard to make sure that everyone in Benenden feels involved and share our values and vision for the future.
Together, we work hard to maintain a safe, comfortable, patient-focused environment for the people in our care.
All our vacancies are therefore subject to either a Standard or an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as satisfactory reference checks. These procedures need to be completed before a new member of staff can join the hospital.
If you would like to know about this position, please call Derrick Howard, Recruitment Officer on 01580 857368.