Are you an experienced Database Administrator (SQL and Oracle) looking a new role in these challenging times?
Following our multi-million pound redevelopment, Benenden Hospital can offer first class services in an amazing, modern environment. With an Outstanding CQC rating and a Silver award in Investors in People, you can be confident you are joining an industry leading team.
We require a Database Administrator to provide support and development of all Microsoft SQL (Principally) and Oracle databases within the hospital.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Install, configure, patch, upgrade and decommission all Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Configure and monitor database backups, ensuring they are fit for purpose
- Undertake capacity planning for all Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Design and operate the database support process
- Configure and maintain audit details for database changes
- Ensure the security and integrity of data stored on all databases
- Resolution of all database support tickets
- Investigate, identify and address the root cause of all defects
- Manage the application release process
- Responsibility for the database design used with all Hospital applications
To be considered for this position, you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Professional IT/IS qualifications in Information Systems Development
- Microsoft SQL Server database design and development
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively deal with all levels of management
- Ability to ‘translate’ between business users and technical staff
- Capacity to work flexibly as a member of the management team
- Commercial awareness
- Experience in large scale Microsoft SQL Server database design with extensive experience of stored packages and procedures
For details of the benefits and rewards of working at Benenden Hospital, please visit the ‘Why work for us' section on the careers page of our website.
If you require further information on this role please contact Derrick Howard on 01580 857368
Together, we work hard to maintain a safe, comfortable, patient-focused environment for the people in our care.
All our vacancies are therefore subject to either a Standard or an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as satisfactory reference checks. These procedures need to be completed before a new member of staff can join the hospital.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Closing Date 24th May 2020
Please note that if a large number of applications are received this vacancy may close before the closing date without notice.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have implemented a Privacy Notice to inform you, as prospective employees of Benenden Hospital Trust, of the types of data we process about you. Please visit our Careers page to read our Privacy Notice.