Cross-Sectional Radiographer - Full time permanent 37.5hours per week
Please note, we are unable to support Tier 2 applications
Following Benenden Hospital’s multi-million-pound development programme, we are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly motivated Radiographer to implement high standards of radiography care for patients in our new imaging department.
As the successful candidate you will follow standard operating policies and procedures and undertake a wide range of examinations within Radiology including MRI and CT, as well as General X-rays and Fluoroscopy. The essential elements of the role include;
- Act as the patient’s advocate, maintaining their dignity always
- Perform high quality scans across all modalities
- Ensure patient information data is correctly recorded in the appropriate IT systems
- Maintain and rotate stock levels of equipment and consumables
- Maintain professional development particularly through the national professional body
- Contribute to budgetary management by exercising care and economy in the ordering and use of equipment and consumables
- Supporting activities such as undertaking administrative duties to support the department when required
- Communicate with patients and their carers verbally and in writing as and when required
- Communicate with other staff members and stakeholders (i.e. consultants, departments company representatives), verbally and in writing as and when required, concerning sometimes complex information, such as patient history and clinical procedures
Skills and Experience
- BSc Radiography or Equivalent e.g. DCR(R)
- Member of an appropriate professional body with valid registration e.g. HCPC
- Proven experience in MRI and CT
- IT skills
- Good Communication skills
- Organised and methodical in approach
- Ability to progress multiple tasks simultaneously
About the individual
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal and communication skills, be able to demonstrate experience in the radiography field and demonstrate a willingness to support others. They will work well in a team, showing openness and mutual respect with a professional approach to work.
The department is currently open between 08:00 – 19:00, Monday – Saturday, with regular Sunday working through the year. There is a requirement to work flexibly to cover the department’s working hours, which will include evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you.
To discuss this role, please call Derrick Howard on 01580 857368, or to apply, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date for this vacancy is Thursday 20th February.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have implemented a Privacy Notice to inform you, as prospective employees of Benenden Hospital Trust, of the types of data we process about you. Please visit our Careers page to read our Privacy Notice.