£8.21 per hour
35 Hours per week
It is an exciting time to join Benenden Hospital! Our multi-million pound redevelopment means we can offer first class services in an amazing, modern environment. With an Outstanding CQC rating, you can be confident you are joining an industry leading team.
Catering is an essential service in any hospital and here at Benenden Hospital, we recognise the importance of offering excellent food and outstanding service to both patients and staff.
As a Catering Assistant, you will be responsible for preparing food and serving food to patients and staff, cleaning food service areas, operating tills and ensuring food safety and hygiene standards are maintained at the highest levels possible.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Hold a basic food hygiene Certificate or have equivalent experience
- Be willing to undertake appropriate training or qualifications
- Catering experience
- A proven ability to undertake multiple tasks under pressure
You will also need to be IT literate, have effective verbal communication and be flexible and adaptable in your work.
In return for this, you will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive salary, including an element of performance related pay
- 27 days annual leave entitlement plus Bank Holidays, rising with service
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Excellent Life Assurance benefit
- Free Membership of Benenden Health for Permanent Staff
- Free parking
- Subsidised eye tests
- Enhanced Maternity pay
- Free Flu vaccinations
- Free tea and coffee
- Subsidised on site Restaurant
- Cycle to work scheme
- Active social club
Should you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Derrick Howard, Recruitment Officer on 01580 857368 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
The closing date for this vacancy is the 23rd August 2019
Please note that if a large number of applications are received this vacancy may close before the closing date without notice,