Ambulatory Care Nurse
Part Time 18 Hours per week
It is an exciting time to join Benenden Hospital! Our multi-million pound redevelopment means we can offer first class services in an amazing, modern environment. With an Outstanding CQC rating and a Silver award in Investors in People, you can be confident you are joining an industry leading team.
Our Ambulatory Care Unit require an experienced ACU Nurse to join their team on a Part Time basis. The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Plan and implement high standards of Peri-operative care following hospital guidelines and protocols
- Prepare and facilitate theatre lists, where necessary
- Ensure patient care areas are safe, fit for purpose and effectively maintained
- Ensure patient information is correctly recorded in the appropriate IT systems
- General supervision of the junior members of the team
The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Hold a degree in ODP or equivalent experience
- Qualified as a Registered Nurse (with supporting PREP evidence)
- Evidence of Scrub or Theatre and Endoscopy experience
- ALRT/ Immediate Life Support training
- Good IT Skills
- Basic Phlebotomy, drug administration (IV and sub-cutaneous) and ECG monitoring experience
- Mentorship experience
Benenden Hospital is an Outstanding place to work and the rewards and benefits are shown on the 'Why work for us?' page in the Careers section of our site.
Together, we work hard to maintain a safe, comfortable, patient-focused environment for the people in our care.
All our vacancies are therefore subject to either a Standard or an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as satisfactory reference checks. These procedures need to be completed before a new member of staff can join the hospital.
Please note that if a large number of applications are received this vacancy may close before the closing date without notice.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have implemented a Privacy Notice to inform you, as prospective employees of Benenden Hospital Trust, of the types of data we process about you. Please visit our Careers page to read our Privacy Notice.